3 Dead, 4 Others Sickened By Carbon Monoxide

A running generator likely killed three family members at a home on Eggleston Avenue, according to Orange County officials.

Seven people were inside the home when a child called authorities at 5:01 p.m. Tuesday, officials said.

At least one of the victims was a juvenile, WESH 2 News has learned.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office is calling the incident an absolute tragedy.

The first deputy inside the door was overcome by the carbon monoxide fumes from the generator inside.

Three people, including at least one child, are dead and four other people who were rescued may not make it, officials said.

In a neighborhood powered only by generators after Hurricane Irma, the worst happened.

"It's so sad because you know these people. They're from your neighborhood, you know how bad it is," neighbor Maria Tuzzeo said.

Authorities said two people were found dead inside the home and one person was able to make it outside, but collapsed and died.

Chad & Leslye

Chad & Leslye

Want to know more about Chad and Leslye? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Magic 107.7 - Orlando! Read more

title

Content Goes Here