Parents, it’s almost time to send the kids back to school, but before you do you can save money on school supplies during Florida’s Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday weekend.T
Florida shoppers will not have to pay the normal sales tax on items like T-shirts, shorts, dresses, purses, coats, school supplies and more.
Last year, there was no sales tax included on purchases of electronic book readers, laptops, desktops, handhelds, tablets and tower computers that sold for $750 or less per item.
During the sales tax holiday, no sales tax will be collected on purchases of:
• Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
• Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
• Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories selling for $1,000 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15
• Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes;
• Rentals or leases of any eligible items
• Repairs or alterations of any eligible items
• Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.