(Photo Courtesy: Getty Images)
According to a new study, splurging over the weekend and eating a little too much food may not affect long-term weight gain.
Researchers found that the weight of adults usually is higher on Sundays and Mondays.
But that doesn’t necessarily stop people from losing a bit of weight from Tuesday until the weekend – which ends up helping them lose or maintain their weight week after week.
So, you can relax a bit over the weekend as long as you make healthy food choices during the week.
But if you've tried everything to drop the pounds before bathing suit season and it's not working, here's a few ideas.
If you want to lose weight, you know the best way to do it: healthy eating and exercise.
That being said, over the past year research has uncovered some pretty interesting – and, well, seriously strange – weight-loss tricks that you should weave into your weight loss plan:
- Regularly smelling peppermint may help lower hunger levels and calorie intake.
- A study published last month found that using red plates could help you eat less.
- Paying with cash instead of a credit card may help you pick out healthier foods, according to research from last fall.
- Happy Valentine's Day! Studies have shown that eating chocolate is associated with lower abdominal fat. Best news ever!
- Turning down your thermostat at night may give your weight-loss efforts a boost. In a study we told you about last summer, participants who slept in a 66-degree room burned more than seven percent more calories while snoozing than participants who slept in a 75-degree room.
- Keeping your work desk tidy means you are more likely to choose a healthy snack, says a study from last summer